(Or: Oh my god, words!)
As you may or may not have read, I quit smoking. While no longer cool and sophisticated, I am happy with this decision. I have not bitten anyone’s head off yet, nor have I thrown anything out the window. Hooray me.
As part of this, I have agreed to donate $5 for any and every cigarette I smoke in the next six months to Focus on the Family, a horrible organization that supports right-wing nutjob candidates and opposes LGBT civil rights. This is to serve as a disincentive to smoking, after hearing about the idea from a co-worker.
- Law School Dean Matt Barber… said it is “so offensive to me” and his many African American friends that “sexual anarchists” have “cynically co-opted and hijacked the language of the very, very noble civil rights movement and applied it to their disordered lifestyle.” (Via)
- Founder Jerry Falwell preached that segregation was the Lord’s will, supported South African Apartheid, and opposed Nelson Mandela’s release from prison. (Via)
- They plan to become doctors, researchers and professors, but these students from Liberty University, an evangelical school, also believe that God created the Earth in a week, around 6,000 years ago. (Via)
One Million Moms (In its own words:)
- This is a HUGE Victory! The ABC series “666 Park Avenue,” which is known for its controversial title and satanic content, will not be renewed. Glory to God.
- Send your email letter to Oreo (Kraft Foods) now! Ask that they remain neutral in the culture war versus promoting the homosexual agenda.
- Please send DC Comics (Warner Bros. Entertainment Company) and Marvel (Disney) an email urging them to change and cancel all plans of homosexual superhero characters immediately. Ask them to do the right thing and reverse their decision to have sexual orientation displayed to readers.
So, which should it be?
- hennnypotter likes this
- mijaliz likes this
- latbb reblogged this from thetenssf
- annabellesunday answered: Keep it up! I’m rootin’ for you and don’t want you to donate any money.
- timetravelswithoutamachine likes this
- -killer-queen- likes this
- johnmattr likes this
- 94thday likes this
- stephss715 likes this
- tippitychange likes this
- mermay likes this
- sonnyjohl likes this
- climateadaptation likes this
- brighteryellow likes this
- weakmeatstrongeat likes this
- staticdistort likes this
- mightequinn likes this
- thetenssf reblogged this from thetenssf and added:
- whatshouldwecallquitting likes this
- circuitboardseahorse answered: Oh god. They both look terrible, but One Million Moms looks slightly worse. Go for that one.
- gokngo likes this
- theradicalmiracle answered: If you choose Liberty, earmark it to the Theatre department which is a somewhat queer-safe space (according to a friend there).
- seecaseey reblogged this from thetenssf
- stupid-sublimity likes this
- heyblockhead answered: Liberty. Not everyone who comes out of Liberty is a Bible-thumping anti-abortion protester. Actual, useful people are sometimes the result.
- thespleeeen likes this
- feed-well likes this
- thetenssf posted this